I realized I haven't really taken a chance to summarize the departure from my old job/life and the entrance into my new one. Leaving Clore was something I'd thought about for such a long time, but when the actual moment came, it was surprisingly affecting. I was much sadder than I ever expected I would be, just in the way that felt like standing before a doorway knowing I was going to walk through and emerge in a completely different world. The finality of leaving those last straggling pieces and ending so many things (that job, those people, my life in KC and the last piece of that life with him) while starting so many other new ones all at once was really overwhelming.
Now, I'm starting my third week at school, and I love it so far. I hope I'm progressing alright. I'm so good at convincing myself I suck at things, and I know that at least part of it is probably just skewed perception of self, but I can't help but think that I'm just being realistic. The usual shit. I also love my new job, as long as the music isn't totally dreadful like it was last night, eeesh. It's lots of fun, and the people are nice at worst and really fun at best, haha.
I'm staying alive. So far. That's pretty much it.
+++ Andrew Bird/Armchair Apocrypha
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
about
- hannah
- Allison Road, United States
- Ever since I was a real baby, I've tried to understand life. Other people haven't helped.
+++
+++
No comments:
Post a Comment