It's been a strange few days. Downtown Lawrence has been overran with drunk, effusive KU fans. Today they play in the championship game, so the riots may very well reach fever pitch. [Although I'm not sure what will happen if they lose.]
I met someone very comfortable who seemed quite tolerant of my rambling thoughts, to like them even, and I've so far managed to relax, to be myself and to avoid those urges to run away, not answer calls, disappear into "busy" like I will often do.
I have a sneaking suspicion that people are less scary than I think. It's – I don't know, I'm afraid that if someone isn't hurting you, you're hurting yourself in the interim to pick up the slack, and I'm not sure which is worse. Fear is tiresome.
I'm never going to let you use me again. The closet door just gave me a blood blister on my fingertip, and I'm excited for the strange moment when it will peel off and it will be as though it were never there. Remind me to keep track of how long it takes.
+++ Charlie Everywhere/demos
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
about
- hannah
- Allison Road, United States
- Ever since I was a real baby, I've tried to understand life. Other people haven't helped.
+++
+++
No comments:
Post a Comment