Last night I was having conversations. One I was not looking forward to, and it went better than it might've. One I was somewhat apprehensive about, but it went quite well. One was unexpected, and it was fine but unremarkable. One was like most days, and it was just like most days in the best way.
Last night I was having a conversation about addictions. He said he's avoided most addictions other than the fact that he has to lie in bed to let his body ignore his brain for a few hours every night. I started to say that it's different, that sleep is a physical need and not a habit or something we just allow ourselves to become dependent on. Then I realized that an addiction becomes a tangible physiological need, so maybe I am an addict after all. Things I am addicted to include: sleeping, eating, bathing, stretching, scowling.
I really like the sound of sleeping breath, especially small snoring. Our bodies love rhythm. I'm lucky to frequently sleep in the same room as my friends so I can have opportunities to hear what they sound like when they're asleep. Their sleep sounds younger than their voices, and I feel that they are trustworthy.
Last night I was awake until 4:30am for no good reason. I had big plans to wake up early this morning, but when the time comes, I'm never in the mood.
+++ Deerhunter/Microcastle
6.23.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
about
- hannah
- Allison Road, United States
- Ever since I was a real baby, I've tried to understand life. Other people haven't helped.
+++
+++
1 comment:
i like what you said about sleep. sleep is a state you can't control and it can be disarming and comforting and surprising to see someone in that genuine state. i like that you like it.
Post a Comment