Is anyone else as broke as I am?I've been recycling at Haskell Recycling Center (11th and Haskell). Not only is it not Walmart, it's free, you don't have to sort anything* and they pay you for your metal recyclables (*separate aluminum from tin).
I bought a reusable hemp coffee filter from the Merc for 5$. It works great and with care, will last for years.
Save those coffee grounds (and other vegetable matter) for compost. If you can't use it at your place, you can put it in Hillary's compost pile. Community gardening!
Hillary tips: Bargain Depot on 23rd St has vegetable and flower seed packets for $.15 - $.60 each. That place seems to be full of random things if you have time to dig around. Also, bananas are $.19 per lb at Checker's on Thursdays.
Dillon's has double coupons every day (and even the coupons they send you in the mail are eligible).
Walk or ride your bike to school or work. It's beautiful outside.
Repurposed Altoids tins by Kate at design*sponge (they have other budget-friendly projects, too)
+++ The Dirty Projectors / Bitte Orca

No comments:
Post a Comment