12.28.2007

A reminder, so we don't forget

We are truly so lucky. Yes, we have incredible amounts of fun, comfortable lives and opportunities not everyone in the world has; we're healthy and happy (perhaps not always as happy as we should be). We have families who love us and really do want the best for us even if we sometimes don't understand the ways in which they go about showing it; but perhaps most importantly, we each have amazing friends to be our support, our partners in crime, our urban families, our homes away from home.

Which is better – having secrets or telling secrets? Last night I had the chance to compare, and while the excitement of having a secret is somewhat alluring, I'll choose the comfort of having someone to share it with any day. That confidence is just another way of showing someone that you love and trust them enough to make yourself vulnerable before them.

+++ Broken Social Scene presents Kevin Drew/Spirit If..

1 comment:

jenn said...

We only have today, and each other.

I love you.

about

My photo
Allison Road, United States
Ever since I was a real baby, I've tried to understand life. Other people haven't helped.

+++

+++

archive

+++

+++