1.10.2008

For the record:

This isn't complaining, but merely recording so I can keep track of this lovely day.

I cut off all my hair last night. The first thing Iggy said to me was that it's weird, but you know.. fuck it. I can't let something like that sneak a seed of self-doubt into my brain. After I got home, I decided I probably love the shit out of it (as in: if I don't right this second, I will very soon). It's all about attitude and aplomb. And alliteration, apparently. Hee.

I wrecked my car this morning. Very minor, rear-ending incident due to the weather. Inconvenient? Absolutely.. but it could've been so much worse. She's fine, I'm fine and her car appeared to be fine. My car is not really so fine, but the damage is relatively minor and/or superficial (it's not like it's a great looking car these days anyway). It will be repaired at minimal expense, I didn't have to get it towed, I have a ride home tonight and a car to borrow for tomorrow and with any luck, there will be no insurance claims and no long-term effects. I am also a new member of AAA, so if I continue to have a car-related crisis once a week like I have been lately, at least I have some backup.

Leah came clean re: NYE, and, much like Cass, was unsurprisingly irritated and disappointed and concerned. I love my friends so much for caring enough to worry. I'm sorry, not for having differing opinions or making choices for myself by myself, but for disappointing anyone that I care about. All I can say is that your concern is noted, much appreciated and (thankfully) completely unnecessary.

From today's myspace horoscope: "You may not know how best to manage your money and personal property today as you try to balance practicality with innovation." Mismanaged money and personal property.. gee, you don't say.

Things are going to be ok. They are! It's going to be fine, one way or another. No matter how they work out, it's going to be okay. (This is what we must tell ourselves, as often and as many times as necessary. At this point, I may never stop talking.)

+++ CocoRosie/La Maison De Mon RĂªve

No comments:

about

My photo
Allison Road, United States
Ever since I was a real baby, I've tried to understand life. Other people haven't helped.

+++

+++

archive

+++

+++