Today I learned that changing your information (like, address etc) with the DMV online doesn't really do anything. Yes, it updates your file with the government and the cops and the voter registration people, but it doesn't in any way allow you to get a new driver's license without physical proof of your address. Because instead of using my voter's registration information, it makes more sense to trust my sunflower broadband bill. I had to drive all the way home to retrieve said bill, and then she made me take a new picture after I've spent all morning waking up late and running in and out of the DMV and sometimes crying a little and saying fuck a lot because things never go the way I imagined them the night before. The photo is especially tragic and then I was late to school.
Other noteworthy happenings of today: it snowed a tiny bit, and it's my brother's birthday.
Yesterday was Arlo's birthday. The day before was Elliott Smith's deathday. October 6 is the most common birthday because it's nine months after New Years Eve. Today I cut a little girl's hair. I asked her how old she was and she said, "I'm seven and my birthday is the last day of school." Then she told me that the last day of school is May 21.
Our internet is back on. Our house is cozy and smells glorious because I made some vegetable soup that is a complete success and not at all burned. I'm clearly somewhat capable (or totally a genius) in the kitchen and just waiting to find my footing. Come cook in our kitchen with us!
well bi you piece of shit i have more things to do right now then remember YOU
"Step brother is the right brother, right?"
+++ Cocteau Twins / Heaven or Las Vegas
10.23.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
about
- hannah
- Allison Road, United States
- Ever since I was a real baby, I've tried to understand life. Other people haven't helped.
+++
+++
1 comment:
i want to curl up with you and jen in your living room and stay there forever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever.
Post a Comment