Holy shit, my mom got dsl. A true holiday miracle!
Upon returning to mom's after a mildly strange midday meal with Dad and that side of the family, Mom and I start having tea, eating snacks and talking, me hopping up every so often to attend to my laundry. We cover all topics.. my father, my little brother (placing bets on whether he'll come home or not, mostly), various family members, just the regular topics. She tells me that in terms of my bad taste in guys, my "picker is broken" and that she believes me to be a commitmentphobe who purposely chooses guys that I won't have to feel trapped with later. Apparently my mom is a psychologist now. We watched Children of Men (uplifting holiday fare!) and my brother did, in fact, come home eventually. Another great thing about coming home is using all of my mom's awesome skincare stuff.
I slept in a bed with 3 small dogs and a cat. It sounds cozy and fun, but in reality I got cold at least once because someone (Arlo) was hogging all the middle and scooting me closer to the edge and farther out of the covers. I had dreams last night for the first time in weeks. I can remember several sufficiently but can't seem to figure out how to explain them, but I remember being in the Himalayas without the cold or snow, and it seemed like they'd been relocated to somewhere like Big Sur because the ocean was there and it was warm. My mom was there, and I rode on the back of her motorcycle (which I never do in real life). At one point, we were flying down this road along the side of a mountain that was so nearly vertical it could've easily been called a cliff, plummeting downhill around a bottomless chasm with some of the most amazing scenery passing by, and I remember thinking that the fear was so much fun. Back at our resort, changing and choosing our outfits was always a big event. I remember at some point, Cass and Jenn had bought not one, but two sets of matching pajamas (one black silk, one white with small stripes) and they kept talking about how great it was going to be for us all to get into bed with our great new pajamas. I kept telling them, but guys, I didn't get the pajamas, you two did, there are only two pairs, but it was like they didn't even hear or didn't remember what I'd said immediately after I'd said it. There was another room in a different resort, an oceanside cottagey type of place. I was going out the door to the porch overlooking the ocean, but when I got there I realized that another retreat had been built between us and the sea and all I could see was the back of a building and the rooftop. We went to some crazy party with drag queens dressed in wild theme outfits for a parade. There was a Jesus who had a half and half costume split down the middle - one half was the grown up robed Jesus with a burgundy sash, the other was a baby Jesus with a baby diaper thing. It was pretty genius, actually, except for his distracting green hair and makeup.
My mom and my brother are doing yoga in the living room, with Erik instructing. Every so often, my mom will interject with good-natured mocking, "don't forget your cleansing breaths!" or something of the like. Just now, after an instruction for a pose, there are a few moments of silence while they're supposed to be holding and stretching, breathing and concentrating, when I hear my mom's little voice. "Aren't we done with this one yet?"
I'm going to start making some food, finish my laundry, give Erik an iMac lesson and maybe color his hair later.
My family is pretty fun.
+++ ---
11.23.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
about
- hannah
- Allison Road, United States
- Ever since I was a real baby, I've tried to understand life. Other people haven't helped.
+++
+++
1 comment:
i think your mom is right about your picker being broken. but what happens when you dont ever even have a picker to being with, then what? i dont have one im 4 sure about it. ne guy that gives me attention gets mine in return. then i get sick of them and dump them. (except mike) (so far) (god help him)So you are a commitmentphobe? What about the guy from forest street? where u not a commitmentphobe then? does that just happen after a great relationship ends? that may have not been a great relationship but enough to make you a commitmentphobe now? How do u feel about all this? do you believe that u are a commitmentphobe? XOXOXOXOXO
Post a Comment